I FINALLY FINISHED the quilt that I started working on back in March.
I wanted to give up so many times. I even blogged about two months ago… Remember these pictures?
But I didn’t.
And I am so proud of myself!!
Through this process I was reminded that often in life we don’t have good instructions, we don’t have a real method and we don’t even know how things will end, but we have to just keep on moving forward.
And here is the finished quilt. It’s a good thing that I don’t have a son or a child with the initials JTC, or I’d be tempted to keep this masterpiece.
The backing fabric that we wanted to use initially was to stretchy and the front was so heavy due to the appliqués that I ended up using a set of microfiber sheets as the backing. The sheets are perfect…. super soft and cozy, but lightweight. The sheet material is the binding edge as well.
The entire project was so much harder and so much more work than I realized when I said I would do the project.. and I won’t ever do anything like this again.
But I’m incredibly proud of the work, imperfect as it is, and am thrilled to be able to ship this keepsake off.